Thread: Cannot open Mail from Envelope icon in the Command Toolbar

Cannot open Mail from Envelope icon in the Command Toolbar

Clicking on envelope brings up an error, mail client not configered properly. In Set Default Programs, AOL Mail (which is my Email cliant) is not listed, how do i get it listed in this area? I have no problem opening Aol Mail from my Aol shortcut. I am running Win 7 &; IE8. In Manage add ons, Aol is enabled as my default.
    Last edited by mmisko; 01-29-2011 at 01:39 PM.

If you click on the 'Start' button, and go to "Default Programs" on the right, then a window should pop up with some options. The first link should say something like "Set your default programs". Click that link, and see if AOL is in the list on the left. If it is, then click on it, and then click the button in the lower-right corner that says ""Choose defaults for this program".

Now I don't have AOL installed, so I took a screenshot (seen below) of the settings for the program I use for Internet browsing and mail. They may be a bit different, so I grayed out all of the settings that are not mail related, and I outlined the mail settings with red boxes. This should give you an idea of what Windows calls those settings, however they may be a little different for AOL. All you have to do is check the boxes on the left for the mail options, and then click 'Save' at the bottom.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

Imay not have been clear in my origional post---in my set defaulf programs, AOL mail is NOT listed at all.

Do the instruction at this link help any?
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

Yes-- thanks for your help..