Thread: Computer Sleep Problem

Computer Sleep Problem

My Dell computer running Win 7 & IE has sleep problem. When you close the lid it sleeps. When the lid is up with or without a web page up--it has a mind of its own, sometimes the screen saver,display dimming,display off, and sleep works properly but most of the time it doesn't.
    1-screen saver set @10 min
    2-display dimming set@15 min
    3-display off set@ 20 min
    4-sleep set @ 30 min

any help is appreciated-

This may be related to settings in the advanced power settings. Here is a link to an article explaining a lot about the power settings in Windows 7. You'll have to scroll down a bit until you get to the information on advanced power settings.
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

I have tweeked all settings in advanced settings with no improvement.

Did your laptop come with some sort of software for manipulating the power settings? I know that some laptop manufacturers do install software on their laptops that force non-standard power schemes.
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, and against the worldly governors, the princes of the darkness of this world...

No just the standard settings for Win 7.

I assume this happens with all power profiles?

I think i 've located the answer--I reset Multimedia settings to Allow Computer To Sleep----So far so good. Thanhs again

Yeah, some of the options in Windows have some interesting exceptions.